I’ve been there. I know how that feels. No matter the reason, you just can’t get into the season. And oh, there’s plenty of reason.
So here are some easy tips for getting through this tough time of hard holidays.
- Remember it’s finite. Come January 2, the festivities will be over for most cultures. Hold on to that end time!
- Control your environment. If holiday decorations are hard for you, stay away from malls and most places that go heavy on holiday decor.
- Get out of the house. But. Do things that aren’t holiday related. Go to a movie. Have coffee at a friend’s house. Peruse a bookstore or a museum.
- Avoid Memory Lane. Don’t think of happy holidays past. Think of something else. Definitely stay off the Hallmark Channel.
- Develop a meditation practice. YouTube has tons of them and there are apps like Calm and Headspace that offer free meditations.
- Be good to yourself. A long bubble bath. A good book. TV movies. A massage. A Reiki session.
- Start each day with an affirmation. Remember our grief and our healing affirmation decks set the tone for each day and are appreciated by customers who use them. See them here.
and if you live in the San Francisco Bay area, attend 30 Days for a Stronger Mind, Body, Spirit. It’s our two-hour workshop that will show you easy ways to make the most of 2019. It’s a fast-paced, helpful event on January 12 and all attendees will get a welcome bag with morethan $600 worth of wellness products, services and discounts. For more information see this link.